winter wonderland sewing

Hello, happy Monday to you all!

I thought we would all be back to our regular routine of school and work as this was supposed to be my kids first day of school this year, but our winter weather decided otherwise.


See, this is our backyard. Beautiful, that's for sure but also very, very cold (wind chill dropped all the way down to -40 degrees!!! today).


Schools are closed and our houses look like queen Elsa from newest Disney movie Frozen came and did some decorating :) Not bad, I say, but it would be quite nice to go out and enjoy all this beauty without freezing in seconds.


So, I decided happy bright fabrics were just the cure for winter blues. Hopefully by the time I finish stitching these epp lozenges together I will actually know what to use them for. I thought of making a pillow at first, but now I'm thinking a tote bag might be a way to go???


I've also made quite a progress on my Tone it Down quilt. I have 12 blocks finished so far but I'm simply not sure how I feel about it right now. I might be getting a little tired of low volume :( Or maybe I just made it too busy? Can low volume be too busy? See? Maybe I just need to get out to clear my head. Let's hope for nicer weather soon :)

Hope you're all staying warm and safe. Svetlana