Friday, June 21, 2013

international quilt festival chicago

Happy Friday to you all!

I'm so very over the moon excited about the International Quilt Festival Chicago going on this weekend in Rosemont, IL. Our Naperville Modern Quilt Guild Log Cabin quilts are on display there and I can't wait to see them in person, yay!!!!

I've never had a quilt in any show before, so this is a very fun first for me.  I'm really looking forward to seeing my Improv Logs hanging next to tons of amazing quilts.


(I used this fantastic tutorial to make my quilt label.)

The show is Thursday 6/20 from 5-9 pm, Friday 6/21 and Sat 6/22 10 am to 6 pm, and Sun 6/23 10 am to 3pm.  Tickets are $10 per day or $25 for the weekend. There are tons of classes, open studio sessions, and demos throughout the weekend, you can see more info here.

Also, Naperville Modern Quilt Guild and Chicago Modern Quilt Guild are co-hosting a Modern Meet Up. 


Unfortunately I can't make it to the Meet Up, but I'll be at the show on Saturday. Hope to see some of you there.

20 comments:

  1. I didn't realize you are in Naperville! I'm originally from Chicago and try to get back every summer but it didn't work out for me this year. You can bet I was trying to time my trip with this event! Have fun at the show, and congrats on having a quilt in the show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know your quilt will shine there!! Have tons of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know your quilt will shine there!! Have tons of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting to have a quilt hanging at an international show! My sister lives in Naperville but I've never been there when the IQF is in Rosemont. I need to put it on my calendar. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting! Hope you give us a rundown after!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How exciting! Hope you give us a rundown after!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How awesome is that to have a quilt on display and be part of the modern quilting community in real life. Have fun and I'd love to see a photo of your quilt hanging there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Saw your quilt yesterday--it looked great, as did all of the entries from the Naperville guild.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I got to see your quilt today, beautiful work! lol a little ashamed to admit that i didn't know u live in the Chicagoland area but hey now I know and maybe we will meet someday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Svetlanko, to je uzasna zprava!!! Gratuluji!!! A jak vidim podle komentaru - quilt se zaslouzene tesi chvale! :) J.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wish I could come and see it! Congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. So fun. I would have loved to go.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It’s cheaper when it comes from outside the U.S. cheap ted baker dresses GlassesUnlimited, for instance, can afford to sell hundreds of different stylish frames fitted with prescription lenses for only $9.99 because its entire operation is based in Thailand. “We don’t have big margins here. ted baker outlet That’s how we are serving our clientele. That’ s why we’re getting hundreds of orders on a daily basis, 70 percent of which come from the U.S. and Canada,” ted baker dresses sale GU manager Sam Davis tells me.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...