to boston with love

Happy Monday,

how was your weekend, everyone? We had a lovely, relaxed weekend. Spring has finally decided to show up in here in Chicago, the kids played in the yard, and I read :) Heaven, I'm telling you.

Nice weather, of course, means a lot less sewing time. I did, however, finish four blocks for Quilts for Boston.


First and third blocks were made using some of the leftovers from previous projects, second block is granny square (tutorial here) and the fourth block's design is by Kate Henderson from the book Modern Blocks.


I also made this heart flag for To Boston with Love organized by Vancouver Modern Quilt Guild.

Both of these projects were quick and used up some of my scraps, but mostly I'm glad that in this very small way I could be a part of bringing comfort to those affected by Boston Marathon bombings.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Here are the links if you'd like to help, too. There's still time.


Please note the original due date has been changed and the flags need to be received by May 21.