Tuesday, March 26, 2013

lately....

I needed some easy, "not thinky" sewing the other day so I started another scrappy quilt. I pulled out tons of already prepared 2.5" squares and got to work. Once again, I followed Katy's tutorial.


After just a few hours of sewing I had a messy pile of block A strips,


and these much better organized strips for blocks B. I was about to press all those seams so I could piece the blocks together when my iron decided it was time to stop working :(

Thankfully I had other projects I could work on while waiting for my new iron to be delivered. 


I managed to do quite a lot of hand sewing on my Marcelle Medallion. I'm outlining all the borders and shapes, just a few more geese to go and I can move on to the border #5.


And, I decided to give cross stitch a try. I'm working on Woodland Sampler, loving the look of all those teeny tiny stitches, just not sure if cross stitch is really for me. I definitely need to give it more time.


Thankfully my new iron arrived this afternoon and I got to piece all those scrappy blocks. Actually, I have tons of strips left over since I was planning on making a large 70" x 70" quilt, but I changed my mind and made a baby sized quilt top instead. 

How about you? What have you been up to lately?

 WIPWednesday

22 comments:

  1. I love your medallion quilt so much ; ) I've been sewing for my grand girls

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am always amazed at all the projects you are able to finish! They are always gorgeous!!! I have been so busy with company since before Christmas. Am sewing a blessing gown, slip and bonnet for my grand daughter. At the end of April I will get back to quilting with gusto :) lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the fresh greens in your baby quilt! Ahhhh spring! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the baby quilt! It's so fresh and pretty. Of course, the hand quilting on your Marcelle Medallion--swoon! You make me want to consider doing it as a regular thing rather than just on very special quilts. Cross stitch and quilting have always been my two loves, sometimes warring with each other for attention. Right now it's quilting that has my attention. I think you'll find that as your eye finds where the needle should go and it becomes more of a natural thing that you'll enjoy it just as much as hand quilting. It's very soothing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have one of those scrappy quilts started. It's sew much fun. This morning I am helping a friend organize her sewing room and get all her stuff out of the living room. I desperately need to shovel out my sewing room before I do anything else.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not much sewing over here lately. More being tired and kids watching. My little one no. 1 decided to be difficult now. And so influenced I am not able to make fabric choices or to sew something. We'll see how it will go over Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you call it "not thinly" sewing:). Your woodland sampler sure is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your scrap vomit version - with the softer solids.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am loving all of your projects, Makes me more motivated :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a nice mix of things your working on. Your medallion stitching will look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is so fun that you decided to try the cross stitch! And your looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I meant to say your scrappy quilt looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the scrap quilt. My scrap bin is nigh unto overflowing so you've definitely got me thinking...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely projects as always. I love the colors for your scrappy quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks great! I have so many scraps to be used up it is starting to get a little crazy :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful progress Svetlana. First your machine was down, and now the iron?! Hopefully you're done with malfunctioning machines for now!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That Katy sure knows how to vomit well ;o) Glad the new iron is with you now!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the added natural color in there, pulls the whole thing together.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the look of the SVQ but don't really think I'm up for it. Good going though! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I used to cross stitch. I've actually completed a few pictures and my Mom proudly hangs one in her house. Well she did, I'm going to have to see if she put it back up in their new house... I did a huge one for my sister in law and my brother for their wedding too. But I've decided I'm not the cross stitching kind for now and have left a lot of UFOs just hanging around just in case :) Your scrap vomit quilt looks lovely with the neutral blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the scrappy quilt. Great dispersion of color.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...