Thursday, February 21, 2013

thursday randomness

I started making a new purse/ handbag for myself. My old one is still sort of OK, but it's definitely seem better days and it's time for a replacement.


I'm making this bag up as I go, the only guide being a very unclear idea in my head of what I want it to look like. I seem to forget that while it's great to improvise when making quilts, it might not be the best strategy for making handbags. We'll see how it all ends up, I'll let you know.


I've also been hand stitching a storm on my Single Girl. It's coming along very nicely and I'm happy to say I only have a few more arches to quilt and I'll be finished, yay!!! It's time to start thinking about the binding. Any ideas?


And, this stack of books has been keeping me a company for a few days now, tempting me so very much to give printing a try. One of these days, I hope.

Now, this last thing is even more random than others. Does anyone's cat like to sleep on their laptop, too? Our Lola LOVEs it. Seriously, how weird is that?

13 comments:

  1. Good luck with the bag, and getting fur out of the keyboard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now, see, making your own bags to fulfil your obsession is *so* much cheaper than going out and buying the latest Louis Vuitton, just remember that if anyone asks ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My cat loves the laptop! If I am watching youtube, she will get right up close to the screen & occasionally bats at it!

    Binding - plaids are nice... Maybe a Chicopee plaid for the binding?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well so far that bag looks great! I love the hot orange piping! I think the laptop might emanate enough heat to be comfy because my cat used to love my old one. My newer one doesn't run as hot so he doesn't lay on it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That plaid fabric you're using for your bag is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lola knows where to find a warm spot....my cat likes the hood of my car

    ReplyDelete
  7. Single Girl will be gorgeous!!cant wait to see the bag. And thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh that Single Girl is looking good!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL! What a funny cat! Love your handbag so far! Organic designing is often how the best designs come about! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been contemplating giving printing a try too. I'll have to check out those books.

    I'll consider it art class for my kids. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Svetlanko, zacnu od konce, protoze ten kocicak je uzasny. Respektive: kocka (holka)? Je kouzelna!!! No, on ten laptop je asi teploucky, tak se ji to asi libi :) Co se tyce lemu deky... ja delavam ze zbytku, takze hodne barevny :) Tady asi neni dobra rada :) A na tasku se tesim, tasek nikdy neni dost a takhle bude asi pekne prostorna, vid? :) Hezke dny a nadchazejici vikend! Jola

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the kitty on the laptop. My daughters cat does the same thing. She says every time she opens hers to study and do homework, her cat is right there.
    I have the printing by hand and really want to try printing some of my own fabric. I want to dye some too.
    Jan

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...