lola's bed

Last night I had so much fun working on this.


Isn't it pretty? I bought this little baby doll bed/ crib a while back and the plan was to make a lovely bedding and give it to Lola, our most amazing kitty, for Christmas. I know, totally going overboard here, but the kids liked the idea a lot so I got to work.


I started off with this yummy stack of fabric. I first made the patchwork of green, pink, and aqua squares you see in the picture, but I simply was not happy with it. I think it was the colors, they were too muted, I needed some brightness.


I decided to start over and made this bright and scrappy doll quilt. Aaaaah, much better. The pattern is by Malka Dubrawski. I love the addition of red to the pink, green, aqua combo and I'm very tempted to start a new lap sized quilt using these colors asap. I used fabric from Tasha's adorable collection The Simple Life for the backing, and I quilted it in circular pattern using my walking foot.


I then whipped up a double sided mat to make the bed nice and cozy. I also made a matching pillow, every cat needs a quilt and a matching pillow, right?


When I put Lola in to try to take a picture of her in her new bed, this is what happened. I'm thinking she's not as excited about this bed as we are.


It will probably end up getting used by some stuffed animals and dolls, which is perfectly fine by me.  In fact, Owlie quite enjoys having his own bed, even if it's a little too pink for his boyish tastes.

Hope you all have a lovely day. Svetlana

Linking up to AmandaJean's Finish it up Friday.