Tuesday, September 25, 2012

shoo fly

So, I started a new quilt yesterday. My plan was to keep working on my Don't be Crabby! baby quilt. And then, before I knew it, the stack of gorgeously colorful fabric "appeared" in front of me and I started cutting and sewing like there was no tomorrow.


I decided to make a shoo fly quilt. I had to do my own math because in my haste I did not have time to look for instructions on how to make a 12.5" shoo fly block - I'm really glad it worked out. I love how big and chunky these blocks look.

I'm really looking forward to working on this quilt tonight. And, while I do, I will try very hard not to be reminded of all the other projects this quilt managed to push to the back burner, especially my Don't be Crabby! baby quilt.


Only a few more circles need to be finished and I'll be ready for the next step - I'll share more on this project later.


Oh, before I go I wanted to share these simple, yet wonderfully graphic blocks I made for Trust circle of do.Good Stitches. These blocks were designed by sew happy geek. Aren't they wonderful?

Happy stitching, everyone!

 Grab a button:

17 comments:

  1. The shoo fly blocks look great. That's the design I used to make my son Owen's quilt, in similarly bright colours, and I still love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your shoo fly blocks look wonderful and I just love those woven blocks by sew happy geek - very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, I love when projects just leap onto the sewing table ;o) The woven blocks look great

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your chunky shoo fly blocks are great. Love the bright happy colors. Thanks for sharing the link to the woven blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those Shoo Fly blocks are beautiful! Is the fabric Oh Deer? I really like the bright colors and the white background fabric--it's just your style.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love starting fun new projects and your shoo fly is so worth getting distracted for! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you just had to start a new project - awesome. And I really like your bee blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the new project! The blocks are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. so pretty! i always love the colors you choose my dear! so bright and happy always! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love those Shoo fly blocks and look forward to seing those circles on the baby quilt :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am thrilled that "a colourful life" featured you. I love what you do and I am now your newest follower. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love ALL of those colors! Can't wait to see the shoo fly keep growing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that shoo fly! Very happy colors!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...