Tuesday, July 31, 2012

crochet heaven

A while ago I totally fell for all the gorgeously bright and colorful crochet projects popping up all over the blogland. So, I bought myself a few crochet hooks, yarn, as well as some crochet books and I dove in. It was not a disaster, but not a great experience, either. Every time I tried to crochet, I realized that as much as I liked the finished product, I didn't really enjoy the process.

But, lucky for me, my wonderful mom is a crochet superstar, hands down the best crochet master I know. And here is a proof, this is what arrived in the mail yesterday. Yay!!!


Three totally amazingly beautiful and wonderfully soft crochet blankets, one for each of my kids. I'm so, so in love with each and every one of them. They are perfect, just the way I like them, happy and bright.


And each one is different and amazing in its own special way, just like the little people these blankets are for.  


Oh, my!!! I could spend hours just looking at them. I'm definitely one lucky duck for having such a wonderfully talented and generous mom.

Hope you all have an amazing day, friends. Svetlana

18 comments:

  1. What beautiful blankets! They are so modern and gorgeous! I especially love the hexagons...I've never seen one like that before. You are lucky to have such a wonderful mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are stunning! Truly stunning! Please tell your mom I said so. Lucky you to have such bright beauties in your home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh these are gorgeous! Go mom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes - such a wonderful mom to make your little ones those fabulous blankets! She must have had lots of fun on them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are beautiful! My mom made crocheted quilts for all her grandkids over 30 years ago, and they are all still around and being enjoyed today by those grown kids with kids of their own. I still have the one my mom made for me when I got married. Yours are gorgeous! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are fabulous, love all the bright colours and different patterns she used! My mum is the knitter/crocheter in our family - she tried to teach me to crochet and nearly fell off the sofa laughing at me, so now she has to crochet everything ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow! Those blankets are amazing! You are one lucky lady.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow -- she is a crochet superstar!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are absolutely beautiful. I love the patterns you can see when they are spread out. This is obviously where you get your design talent from - your talented Mum.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful and clearly the kids adore them too!! I do love quilts but there's something so fantastic about crochet blankets - I can't make them either but thankfully my Nan made us all one each :) Your mum is very talented and I love the hexagon one especially!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are wonderful, your mom rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my, these are so beautiful! I love the colors and the patterns. You're one very lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, how beautiful and happy blankets! I love to crochet and have made few blankets, but they are not practical with doghairs - so I make quilts! Send wiches to your amazing mom! Heppy weekend to you! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are just stunningly gorgeous!! Ooh, those hexagons....

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! These are so amazing, just gorgeous!! What a precious gift for the kids from their grandma :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...