Saturday, July 7, 2012

basting

Don't you just love how wonderfully crisp and smooth quilt tops look like?


I'm finally basting my simple patchwork quilt. I've had the top done for quite a while but with all that heat and humidity I did not feel like tackling anything big, or warm. Well, it's still very hot outside, but I had a house all to myself for a couple of hours this morning so I decided it was time to finish this quilt off.

As I type this, the finished quilt is taking a warm, soapy bath in the washing machine. Can't wait to see it all nice and snuggly after I pull it out of the drier. Oh, I so love that feeling.

Have a wonderful weekend, friends.

Svetlana

13 comments:

  1. The quilt looks so pretty. I love those Sweetwater prints. I've never spray basted before, but may be tempted to try it.

    Stay cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you know that I have a secrete love of green, blue, and yellow lately? I think I cross off this sentence when I was writing my blog last night.. I can't stop spy these color schemes lately. I also am loving simple quilt pattern lately. I am sure the heat and the humidity does some affect to my mind lately.. Have a comfy day and drink lots iced tea. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the simple colour combination in this, so pretty! Simple patchwork squares are the best way to show off lovely prints and colours sometimes, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for alone time and quick finishes! I really need to get some more basting spray though

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this quilt! Beautiful colors. I can't wait to see it all warm and fluffy when you show it to us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very fun! Good for you on another finish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just goes to show that sometimes simple squares are the BEST.
    Gorgeous xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the colors in your quilt! It feels so good to finish a quilt and take it out of the dryer, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am a square fan! looks wonderful. Kx

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love it. i love simple patchwork!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks great! Love the patchwork and all the colors

    ReplyDelete
  12. Do you spray baste indoors? Part of the reason I have so many WIPs is powering through the basting thing, which I detest...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...