Sunday, March 11, 2012

yet another pillow

Happy Sunday, everyone!

I'd like to show you yet another pillow I made over the weekend. Another pillow? you ask. Yes, I seem to be on a sort of pillow making spree.

Here she is, what do you think?


I completely "blame" Jamie for this one. A few days ago she sent me some amazing Japanese charms and this absolutely adorable red / pink/ white fabric.


Actually, not all the charms made it to the photograph because by the time I realized that I wanted to take a picture of them, many very already cut into smaller pieces to make the above pillow. Aren't they beautiful?

I used Tamiko' tutorial , she also included a paper piecing template you can print.  I personally love paper piecing as it leads to really nice corners that don't get cut off in the process.


I decided to try something different for the back of the pillow. I went with 2 fabrics and joined them with a zipper. The top fabric is the one Jamie sent me and the gray polka dots are from Denyse Schmidt's newest Aunt Edna collection. I used Rashida's washi fabric for the binding.

The finished pillow is 12" x 18". And, this little cutie officially brings the count of the pillows in our family room to 13!!! Can you tell I love pillows?

I hope you have a wonderful Sunday. Svetlana.

 

17 comments:

  1. I love the pillows they are wonderful. Yes you can love pillows. I use to like them tell my 7 year old insists on leaving all of them on the floor and I just hate falling over them sigh. I guess he will eventually grow up and then I can love them again.

    http://richardquilts.blogspot.com
    http://trackmyshows.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo - verry nice :) I haven't tried paper piecing yet but this entices me!!! Great mix of colours. Oh and I love your courthouse block too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess you can never have too many pillows! :)

    I like how you put the linen in the center of each block. I have never sewn anything with linen except a repurposed linen dress I used for the backing on a tablerunner. I have one of each of the charms, too, so maybe I should make something similar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you definitely can't have enough cushions!! And this one is lovely

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty, love all the Japanese charms! You can never have too many cushions :oD

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can never have too many cushions!!! Love the design and the way you've matched the fabrics. Finished off nicely with the black and white around the edges...

    ReplyDelete
  7. super cute pillow! i made pillows this weekend too! they are so quick and easy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw this on craft gossip too, congrats! such a cute pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I especially love the binding!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your pillow! You used so many adorable prints :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful pillow :) I love your choices of fabrics
    I found you through {sew} modern Monday and am your new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty pillow! I love the fabrics and colors together, they really caught my eye. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...