Friday, October 21, 2011

Finish it up Friday

Happy Friday, everyone!

It's been a long, miserable week at our house. Being sick while major kitchen renovation is happening is just not that great. So, let's just say I'm glad it's over and I see the light at the end of this tunnel. Our countertops and sink should be installed on Monday, HURRAY!!!!, I am finally starting to feel better, and yesterday I actually got to sew a little.

I do have one finish I wanted to share with you - this easy peasy HST zig zag quilt.

This was quite an easy quilt to make. I used my Go!Cutter to cut 6.5" HSTs. They make pretty big blocks, so it didn't take that long to piece the top together. I used some of my favorite Heather Bailey, Kate Spain, and Denyse Schmidt fabric in blue and green color scheme.

I decided to do simple diagonal straight line quilting, not too close together as I wanted the quilt to be nice and cushy for snuggling.

I machine stitched the binding on, washed, dried, and folded it, and it's ready to be sent off to Europe as a  Christmas present.

So, that's my finish for this week.

I'm going to link up this post to Amandajean's Finish it up Friday!.

Have a wonderful weekend, Svetlana.


19 comments:

  1. Very nice! I'm working on a zig zag myself! Great you have a Christmas project done already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those colors! I feel motivated to finish up a zig zag quilt that I've been working on :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! The colors are very soothing, Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. pretty! and the quilting is a lot of fun, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing! The zig zags...the colours... just beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad to hear you are on the mend. Boy it is tough being sick with house issues on top of it. :o)
    Your quilt is gorgeous!! I love the colors you chose and white really makes it pop. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your finish. I love your choice of quilting.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog today to check out my Fri Finish.

    I see you live just a few burbs over from me. We're practically neighbors! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. love those colors!!! nice job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another gorgeous quilt, I do love your work! Hope you are all better soon, fresh new countertops are guaranteed to cheer you up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty, and hope you feel much better soon

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous! The colors are fabulous. No doubt it will be cherished in Europe! Smiles~Beth

    ReplyDelete
  12. it's such a beautiful finish! i love the blue and green color scheme with all that white. you did a great job!

    thanks for linking up to finish it up Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely! The blue/green color scheme is so soothing... great job! Glad you're feeling better, too! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. A lovely quilt. Hope you're feeling better soon :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...