No more "naked" beds

So, I finally started working on the quilt for "Get dressed you hussy. Naked beds". The condition there is to make a quilt for my bed, no kid or baby quilts. It turns out that too many quilters make quilts for everyone else and their own beds are "naked".

The thing is that we do have a quilt on our bed right now, I just don't think it fits there.


This was the very first quilt I made, I whined and complained the whole time I was making it, and it really was not meant to be in our bedroom. Some of the fabric I used is too kiddish and colorful,  not really my husband's cup of tea. No, he didn't complain, I just know it's time for some change.

So, here is the fabric I decided to go with.





I know, I know, it seems a little dull (and totally not what I would normally choose), but I think that if I add tons of white, it can make a very nice, modern quilt that even a husband can use without feeling like he's using a girl's quilt. Most of the fabric is from Denyse Schmidt's Greenfield Hill collection.

I managed to finish 12 out of 25 blocks I need. Some of them are pictured here:



I like some better than others, so I might end up making more than 25 blocks to be able to substitute some.  Or, they might just end up in the far corner of the quilt.  We'll see. I think that I like it even more when I see all 12 of them together. What do you think?


I'd love to hear your ideas and comments on quilting with our men in mind. You can always drop me a note in comment section. I promise to read it and respond to any questions.

Svetlana