Essex Wallet (new pdf pattern)


Hello friends, I hope you all are doing well.

I'm super, super excited as I get to share my newest pattern with you today :)


This is Essex Wallet.

I've been meaning to design a wallet pattern for quite some time so having this cutie all finished feels even more special than usual.


I love how this wallet isn't too large, yet it's roomy enough for all the necessities one might need. There are slots for eight cards, two slip pockets for cash, and even a super handy zipper compartment. Plus a closure tab, of course.

I graded this pattern as intermediate as it requires quite a bit of precision in measuring and sewing, but I think an adventurous, committed beginner would be able to sew it up as well ;)



FINISHED SIZE: 5 1/2'' tall x 4'' wide when closed

+  +  +

MATERIALS NEEDED to make your very own Essex Wallet:
1 FE (fat eighth) of fabric measures 9'' x 21''

FABRIC A (main panels + closure tab) – 1 FE
FABRIC B* (lining + card pockets) – 1/2 yard
SF101 INTERFACING (or other medium weight fusible interfacing of choice or fusible fleece) – 1/2 yard
one (1) - 5'' metal or nylon ZIPPER
one (1) - size 12 HEAVY DUTY SNAP (you can use a different snap if preferred)
one (1) – ZIPPER PULL (optional)

*I recommend using non-directional print for the lining and pockets to be able to cut your pockets in one continuous length. If, however, you choose to go with directional print you will need to piece your pocket panels using two separate strips of fabric (dimensions provided in cutting directions below).


SUPPLIES: sewing clips and pins
disappearing fabric marker or fine chalk pen
small sharp scissors
zipper foot for your sewing machine
setting tool for snaps




You can purchase Essex Wallet pattern by clicking the button below or by going to my Etsy shop here. And, now through Friday, Oct. 25th I'm offering the pattern at 25% off introductory price. No coupon needed, price has already been adjusted.

buy Essex Wallet pattern


Thank you so very much for your continued support. Happy sewing :)

Svetlana