giant plus quilt

My dad's birthday is coming up and after thinking of million things to get him (none of which he really needs or wants) I decided to make him a lap sized quilt.  


I started off by choosing a few of gray, black, and taupe fabrics + Kona Silver from my stash. And then I came across Leanne's newest tutorial for a gorgeously unique Plus Quilt and I knew instantly its modern simplicity would appeal to my dad.


This was such a fun and quick to sew quilt. I'm loving all those "empty" middles of many pluses and tons of negative space. Plus, I went with straight line quilting, of course. It's my favorite. 


And a gray and white binding. I don't think I'll ever get tired of striped bindings.

The quilt finished at 54" x 60" (fabric was cut into 6" squares and I added 4" strips to both top and bottom).

 All in all, I love the way this quilt turned out. Let's just hope my dad thinks so too :).

Have a lovely day friends. Svetlana