sew organized for the busy girl {blog hop}

Hello, welcome to my stop celebrating Heidi's gorgeous retro style book Sew Organized for the Busy Girl.


Not only is this book full of wonderful sewing projects, it also gives tons of very useful advice on how to get better organized as well as how to make the most of the sewing time we have. I love how down to earth and totally doable Heidi's advice is and I'll be definitely implementing lots of her ideas to get my sewing space in better shape :).


 As far as projects in this book go, I love how they range from pouches to pillows, to more complicated, yet not too time consuming quilts. Pictures above show two of my favorites: Brass Ring Pillow and Summer Tourist Quilt. Don't you just love that styling? So beautiful.


And since I think one can never have too many pincushions, I decided to make Heidi's Deluxe Pincushion. It's wonderfully big and I adore the addition of patchwork pocket. I used some of my favorite scraps in combination with linen and some Doe cotton to make my pincushion. Plus, I added a little bit of hand stitching for some added interest. ♥♥♥ how it turned out.

I think Sew Organized for the Busy Girl would be a great book to add to any quilter's library. I will definitely be reaching for my copy soon as I have quite a few projects from the book on my very long to do list already :). 


Hope you'll stick around and see what others have created using Heidi's book. Here's the line up:

March 30 - Lynne of Lily's Quilts (Tour Kickoff & Book Giveaway!)
April 6 -      Jodi of Tales of Cloth & Angela of Cut to Pieces
April 13 -     Lindsay of Craft Buds & Debbie of A Quilter's Table
April 20 -    Leanne of She Can Quilt
April 27 -    Fat Quarter Shop
May 4 -      Erin of Why Not Sew?
May 11 -      Jennifer of Ellison Lane Quilts
May 18 -     Svetlana of SOTAK Handmade (we are here)
May 25 -    Lucy of Charm About You
June 1 -       Maureen of Maureen Cracknell Handmade
June 8 -      Becca of Bryan House Quilts
June 15 -     Beth of Plum & June
June 22 -    Jessica of Quilty Habit
June 29 -    Caroline of Sew Can She
July 6 -       Heidi of Fabric Mutt (Tour Wrap!)

Talk to you soon. Svetlana