ella bucket bag {new pdf pattern}


I'm super excited to be releasing a new Ella Bucket Bag (previously introduced as Skopelos bag) pdf pattern today, yay. 


I know my opinion is biased here, but I really, really love this bag. Its size, and shape, and its sturdiness make it a perfect summer bag.


See, I packed quite a few things in already and I still have room for some snacks and other little odds and ends I need when out and about with my three lovely offsprings. Just two more days and their summer break starts, I'd better be ready.


And this flush zipper pocket is great for keeping my phone and wallet safe and within easy reach. No more having to dump the contents of my whole bag just to find my phone or house key :).


Finished size of the bag is 10” wide on bottom, 19” wide on top x 13” high x 7” deep.

Materials needed to make this bag:
½ yard fabric A for main exterior
¾ yard fabric B for main exterior + handles
¾ yard fabric C for lining
½ yard fabric D for pockets
3 yards SF101 interfacing (or other medium weight fusible interfacing of choice)
optional: ¾ yard interlining fabric (canvas, denim, or some other heavier weight fabric) to make   your bag sturdier
7” long metal or nylon zipper
1 magnetic snap closure

Difficulty level: advanced beginner, prior knowledge of working with zippers is highly recommended.

A big thank you goes to my lovely pattern testers who provided useful notes on how to improve my pattern as well as made these fantastic bags themselves. Enjoy :).


Annette made this beautiful summer bag for a friend of hers. Love the fabrics Annette chose, so bright and happy.


I love this big graphic dot fabric Vicki chose for her bag. So chic and stylish, especially when combined with gray. Perfection for sure :).


My lovely friend Rachel made this gorgeous Lizzy House bag. Super fun, isn't it? I so very much love this combination of denim and beautiful butterflies.


Rachel is getting ready for a class with Lizzy House, I think she's more than ready :). So much gorgeousness loaded in that bag.

♥♥♥♥

What do you say? Would you like to make Ella Bucket Bag of your own? I'm offering this pattern at an introductory price of $7.00 for the next 48 hours.

You can buy the pattern by clicking directly on the button below or by going to my Etsy shop.

buy this pattern
 

Happy sewing, friends. Svetlana