lozenges tote bag

Last few days have been rainy, dark, and cold so I decided to brighten things up by making a new happy looking tote bag.


Not bad, right? I finally gave purpose to an orphan block that was on my design wall for months. I made my own simple pattern to waste as little of the epp block as possible and added some stripes (because you can never have too many stripes in my opinion).


 These epp shapes are called coffins :( but some people refer to them as lozenges and that's what I call them too. Referring to pretty things as coffins is way too creepy for me. I got mine here. They carry different sizes, mine are 3" wide ones.


 I then used this gorgeous fairy tale fabric from my stash for the back,


even added a zipper closure. And thus one happy, bright, and very functional tote was born :)


Finished size of this tote is 13" x 12" x 3". I made handles slightly longer that usual (they are 22" long) because I wanted to be able to sling the tote over my shoulder.

And, once I figure out how PDF files work, I'll post a tutorial and pattern for the tote. Fingers crossed, I have so much techy stuff to learn.

Svetlana