laptop bag

I made myself a new laptop bag over the weekend. And, to my husband and kids' surprise it did not involve absolutely any colorful patchwork at all! They really were surprised, my oldest daughter even said she had no idea I could make a bag like that - I decided to take this remark as a compliment :)


From the very beginning I decided to go with very clean, sort of modern design and I think it was a success. I used home decor weight fabric for the exterior of the bag. I now want to make tons and tons more striped bags and totes.


I wanted to make sure the bag was nicely padded to protect my laptop so I decided to use Soft and Stable between the exterior and lining layers and it worked like a charm.


A zipper closure was a must, of course. Plus a tiny teapot zipper pull just because :)


What makes this bag for me though, is all these little details of fun hardware, webbing handles,


and this fantastic hand made leather tag. Sweet, isn't it?


You can probably tell I really like this bag, right? Well yes I do. But, do you want to hear something totally crazy? I measured wrong and it DOES NOT FIT my laptop :(

Yes, yes things like that happen to me quite often as I dislike prep work and measuring very much, I always want to get to sewing as soon as possible. Maybe one of these days I will learn my lesson. Until then I will simply make another bag (with correct dimensions this time - I hope) and find some other use for this snazzy, not quite the right size bag.

Hope your day is great. Svetlana