liberated baskets {a finished quilt}

Hello, hope you're all having a very lovely Sunday. I tried to get some sewing done, but it seems to be one of those days when nothing turns out the way it's supposed to. So I packed all the fabric away and thought I'd show you my Baskets quilt instead.


I just love how sweet and pretty this quilt turned out. I started off by making my liberated baskets using Gwen Marston's instructions from her book Liberated Quiltmaking II. And boy, was that fun! 


Once my baskets were finished, I knew I wanted to add a border, but I could not decide what kind. I thought of adding just plain, solid fabric border which I think would outline the baskets very nicely. And then I decided to go with scrappy border like Jolene did on hers, with the addition of liberated stars in each corner instead.


I do like the way it worked out. I think this border sort of becomes a part of a design, it's not just a border to highlight the baskets, in works with them to form one lovely, cohesive, colorful, and happily bright quilt.

I used bright green minky to back the quilt and wow! it is so very soft and cuddly. Just the way my kids like it (I found out that adding minky to any quilt I make guarantees that my children will love to use it).

 Finished size of the quilt is 58" x 70".

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

On the side note, I decided to re-open my etsy shop and list a few of the quilts for sale. It was time, the pile of finished quilts with no destination in particular was getting too large. Here's a link to my shop if you'd like to have a look.

Wishing you all a very lovely rest of the weekend. Svetlana