playtime

 Hello, happy Sunday!

I hope your weekend is going well and you're getting some time to play as well as rest. I'm having a ridiculously wonderful time with tons of scraps, lots of low volume fabrics, and Denyse Schmidt's Single Girl.


This was my design wall on Friday night. I know, it looks like my sewing induced ADD is back. I so love all the four projects I started over the last few days but it was time to decide to work on just one since there's no more room on my design wall.

I started my Single Girl quilt after seeing Jolene's amazing, gorgeously scrappy version. I could not help it, I simply HAD TO shamelessly copy get inspired and start my own.


I decided to go randomly scrappy, so there's no order to my color placement. And boy is it fun!!! I don't think I have ever enjoyed working on a quilt this much before (and I do love quilting). It's probably all those tons of scraps and other happy fabrics (Jamie, thanks for the beautiful zig zags) that make me giddy with excitement every time I look at them.


As of right now, I'm about half way done with piecing. I decided to go with  a 3 x 3 blocks layout, which will make for a very nice lap sized quilt.

OK, off to get some more sewing done.

Linking up to Chase's weekending. Hope you'll stop by her blog and see what she, and others, have been up to this weekend. I'm sure you'll love all her amazing scrappy creations, she's a master, as well as her beautifully colorful Single Girl quilt she finished a few days ago. Or, even better, why don't you write up a post about your Weekending and link up?