hexie pillow

I've spent the last couple of days successfully plowing through some of my wips. I'm sort of jumping form one project to another all the time (to keep things from becoming tedious), but I do have one finish to share with you today.


My EPP hexagon pillow is all finished and it's even better than I imagined. I so, so love the way this little guy turned out which is great because I spent countless hours working on it.

 

I worked with 3/4" hexagons. I got the free templates here and all the fabric came from my scrap baskets.


Once all the hexies were finished, I went ahead and appliqued them to this pretty black and white polka dotty fabric. I must admit, working on applique was not my favorite part, it took forever, but had to be done, right? So I just kept going. 

I then quilted an outline inside every single hexagon and promptly ran out of steam on this project! It kept sadly staring at me from my design wall and then finally, a few days ago, I finished it.


Back for the pillow was made using some of the leftover fabric and simple straight line quilting.


I then added an adorable little birdie ribbon for some extra fun, stitched the front and back together, and voila!!!! It was finished. And you know what? my kids think it's the prettiest pillow I've ever made. I totally agree!


Wishing you all a happy Friday. Svetlana