liberated baskets {the beginning}

Hello, happy Monday!

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. I spent most of mine folding and organizing stacks of fabric as well as trying to bring some sanity into a small storage room where all my sewing supplies live. It was so out of control, I spent a lot of time lately just digging through piles of fabric instead of sewing. I knew something had to be done.

Many, many hours later, this is what it looks like.


Ooooh, much better. After all that hard work "playtime with scraps" was totally in order. That's where  Liberated Quiltmaking 2 book by Gwen Marston came in. It's full of fantastic, modern, and very unique and colorful quilts. The one I was most drawn to was her basket quilt and since now I had all my scraps in one place I was able to just dig in and give it a try. I got quite a few of the blocks done last night. I was pleasantly surprised that once I got the hang of how to stitch the handle on the basket, the blocks came together pretty quickly.


I have not decided on the layout, or even on the number of baskets I want to make. I might just "play" for a while longer and see what comes out of it. What have you been up to this weekend? Do tell.

Svetlana