abstract landscape

Finished!!!! Yay!!!


This little guy was a real stretch for me and I definitely had to get out of my comfort zone. Improvisational and abstract piecing does not come easy to me, I find that being intentionally somewhat random is hard. This mini was inspired a quilt by Amy Karol from the book Simple Contemporary Quilts.



The quilting is not perfect, but it will definitely do for it being my first ever FMQing. I love those all over loops and hope to use it again for my future quilts.


This is what the mini looked like after I machine quilted and bound it. Then I went ahead and added some hand stitching as well as some more machine quilting using contrasting thread.



I think they add a nice touch of playfulness and interest to the whole quilt. I'm very happy with the way this mini turned out and I'm so glad that I finally got over my fear of FMQ and gave it a try.

Finished size is 23" x  23".

How about you? Have you been trying something new? I'd love to know. Svetlana

Linking up to AmandaJean's Finish it up Friday, Sew and Tell, and Confessions of a craft addict.