unless...

"unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better, it's not"
                                                                                           The Lorax by Dr. Seuss

This is my all time very favorite quote found in my very favorite children's book The Lorax. I read it to my children so many times that it got to the point when I'd ask them if they wanted a story and they'd say "ok, but only if it's not The Lorax". Clearly, I overdid it a "tiny" bit. So, the book was put away but now that the movie came out I was able to bring it out again without much grunting from my kids. We all enjoyed the movie a lot and all 3 of them are at the stage when they actually understand what the book is about - yay!!!

Few days ago, as I was looking at some fabric online, I could not believe my eyes, my two favorite things - fabric, and The Lorax- in one. I had to get me some!!! I got the panel that shows pages from the actual book and I knew right away what I wanted to make. A new library tote bag.


I looked through my stash and decided that washi fabric by Rashida Coleman- Hale (another one of my current favorites) was a great match for The Lorax page and I got to work. I used washi bars charcoal to frame "the page", and washi stars fuchsia for the lining. I went with bright yellow webbing for the handles - I think they are a perfect finishing touch.


It was a quick and easy project and I so, so, so love this finished tote. Next time we go to the library we are going in style, woot woot!!!