Quick and Easy French Seams Tote Bag

 

Hello lovely makers, happy Friday to you all!


I think it's quite obvious by now that tote bags are one of my favorite things to sew. And today I'm going to share with you one of the easiest totes ever 😊.



All you need to make this unlined bag is just a 1/2 yard of medium to heavy weight fabric (canvas, denim, home decor, or even waxed canvas) and some webbing for the handles and you're good to go.



I love that the French Seams make for neat, finished edges and the bag is super light but sturdy at the same time. 



I keep one of these totes in my purse in case I need to pop in the shop real quick. They also make great library bags, or just simple everyday tote bags.


These bags finish at approximately 14'' wide X 16'' tall but the nice thing is you can use the instructions I provide in my YouTube tutorial to make bags of many different sizes.


Here's the link to the tutorial if you want to check it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcikcfc97Qc


Happy sewing, friends!

Svetlana