Kensington Handbag (new pdf pattern)



Good morning friends, hope you are all doing well. 

I've been doing lots of sewing and working on new patterns these last few weeks and I'm excited to show you my newest handbag pattern today.


Kensington Handbag is a super handy everyday bag with two exterior and one inner zipper pockets,  one inner slip pocket, as well as a fabulous main zipper closure to keep all your treasures safely inside the bag. 


DIMENSIONS: 12'' tall x 11'' wide on bottom x 4'' deep




I really love the idea of having two exterior zipper pockets and I keep my phone in one, and keys in the other one. Makes finding keys or picking up the phone when it rings so much easier :)




The inside of the bag is wonderfully roomy without feeling too huge. It fits one's wallet, water bottle, a book, an extra shopping bag, plus a few other necessities with ease. I made myself one of these bags a few weeks ago and I absolutely love its size and functionality.




I used leather handles when making my bags, but you can definitely use webbing if that's what you prefer/ have on hand. I even included instructions on how to make your own fabric handles in the pattern if that's the route you'd like to take.




Lots of zippers, can you tell I'm a big zipper fan? I love adding metal zippers to my bags but it's totally a personal preference and nylon zippers would work just as well. So, if you like nylon zippers, please feel free to use those. I'm sure your bag will turn out beautifully.


+  +  +  +  +


MATERIALS NEEDED to make you very own Kensington Handbag:
*FABRIC A (main exterior) – 3/4 yard
*FABRIC B (lining) – 1/2 yard
*FABRIC C (pocket linings) – 1/2 yard
SF 101 INTERFACING (or other medium weight fusible interfacing of choice) – 2 yards
two (2) – 3/4'' wide x 26'' long LEATHER STRIPS for handles
two (2) - 8'' long metal or nylon ZIPPERS
one (1) - 6'' long metal or nylon ZIPPER
one (1) - 14'' long metal or nylon ZIPPER
four (4) – 6-8 mm RIVETS (optional)


*SUGGESTED FABRICS:
EXTERIOR (FABRIC A) – designer cotton canvas, Essex linen, cotton/linen blend fabric, denim, or medium weight home décor fabric are recommended. Waxed canvas could also be used (no need to add interfacing if you do).

LINING (FABRIC B, C) - I used quilting cotton for the main lining, but you can also use duck canvas (no need to add interfacing if you use canvas for the lining). Pocket linings work best when quilting cotton is used.

SUPPLIES:
cutting mat, ruler, and rotary cutter
Wonder clips and/or pins
disappearing fabric marker or fine chalk pen
small sharp fabric scissors
90/14 or 110/18 (jeans/denim) needle for your sewing machine
leather hole punch + rivet setting tool (optional)


+  +  +  +  +



What do you think friends? I hope you like this bag as much as I do.


 Kensington Handbag pattern can be purchased at my Etsy shop here or by clicking the link below. And now through Thur, April 16th, you can purchase this pattern at a 25% off introductory price. No coupons needed, the price is automatically adjusted to reflect a 25% discount.




Happy sewing everyone! Svetlana