removable wrist strap (video tutorial)

Hello lovelies, happy Tuesday to you all!

As I mentioned last week, I've been diving into my scrap bins and trying to come up with many different ways of turning all those precious pieces of fabric into useful projects. I seem to have a lot of strings in my bins and I thought making some removable wrist straps for my pouches would be fun. And, it totally was :).


I love that all I needed to make each of these wrist straps was one 2'' x 12'' strip of quilting cotton, one 2'' x 11'' strip of interfacing (I used SF101), 1/2'' swivel hook, and I also used a rivet but you could totally just skip this and add stitching instead.

And you know what? I think these might make great key fobs as well. Or, you could even make your strip a lot longer and use the same technique to turn it into a lanyard. Oh, the possibilities.

You can check out the video on how I constructed these super handy cuties by clicking here.

Also, I'll be adding more how to videos to my YouTube channel so please subscribe if you want to make sure you don't miss any of them :).


And, since I totally couldn't stop at just making wrist straps, I made this pouch as well. Such a lovely combo, don't you think? 

I used The Essential Pouch pattern and this is a medium size pouch.

Hope you'll enjoy this free video tutorial. Let me know what you think. Do you find these helpful? Also, any ideas on what you'd like me to add to my videos next?

Wishing you all a happy and creative day.

Svetlana