boxy tool pouch (new pdf pattern)


Hello, welcome everyone!



I have a new pattern to share with you today :)

This Boxy Tool Pouch has been on my mind for way too long and it feels fantastic to have the pattern all finished. What do you think?



FINISHED MEASUREMENTS: (tall x wide x deep) 
SMALL – 2'' x 5'' x 2 ½''
MEDIUM - 2 ½'' x 6 ½'' x 3''
LARGE - 3'' x 8'' x 4''

I am quite a fan of boxy pouches (especially when they come in different sized) and have already been using quite a few of them daily.


Just like many of you, I don't like seeing any exposed or raw edges when I make my pouches. So, after doing a bit of  testing of different techniques, I decided adding fabric binding to finish inner edges was the way to go. This technique makes for a pretty easy pouch assembly and bound edges add extra stability and structure to a finished pouch, definitely a win - win.



See? I love how beautifully boxy they are :)

This middle size is absolutely perfect as a pencil pouch or make up bag.


I think the handle makes these cuties super practical.

+  +  +  +  +

This is a measure and cut pattern, no templates needed!

MATERIALS NEEDED (for large size):
fabric A (pouch exterior) – 1 FQ
fabric B (pouch lining) – 1 FQ
fabric C (pull handle) - 3'' x 7'' strip
SF 101 interfacing (or similar medium weight fusible interfacing) – 1/2 yard
one - 11'' long metal or nylon zipper
(7'' long zipper for small size, 9'' long zipper for medium size)
one - 1/2'' - 3/4'' wide x 2'' long ribbon
one zipper pull - I used a 6'' long 1/8” wide leather lace (optional)

SUPPLIES:
rotary cutter, self healing cutting mat, acrylic ruler
wonder clips and/or pins
sharp fabric scissors
zipper foot for your sewing machine (optional)

I used metal zippers (purchased from Zipit on Etsy) for my pouches but you can definitely go with nylon ones if that's what you prefer/ have on hand.

+  +  +  +  +




What do you say? Would you like to make some Boxy Tool Pouches of your own?

You can purchase Boxy Tool Pouch pattern by clicking on the button below, or by going to my Etsy shop (click here). 

And, now through Saturday (6-1), you can take advantage of an introductory price (25% discount, no coupon needed).

buy this pattern 


Happy sewing friends. Svetlana