super sized gingham quilt


You guys, I have a finished quilt to show you today!


I made this super sized gingham quilt top months ago. I absolutely loved how simple and easy to piece this top was, but somehow even though I was super excited about it, I kept putting off quilting it :(. 

Now I'm thinking it was because I really don't like doing any hand quilting in the summer as it's just too hot and uncomfortable to sit under a large quilt when it's 100 degrees outside. So, when the weather got cooler I suddenly felt this need to drop everything and finish the quilt. 


I used wool batting and did minimal hand quilting in the ditch using perle cotton so the finished quilt is super comfy and warm.


I used Carolyn Friedlander wide backing for this quilt and I must say I was slightly disappointed. I had this same print in regular width and the quality of 42'' wide fabric seems a lot better to me than the wide (108'') one which has a pretty rough feel. Has anyone else noticed it as well? Or is it just me? I'm hoping it will get softer with use and wash, fingers crossed :)


♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥

QUILT STATS:
Finished size: 70'' square
Batting: Pellon Nature's Touch Wool
Block size: each block is 10.5'' square unfinished


Wishing you all a happy weekend. Svetlana