Sunday, August 20, 2017

simple stripes (finished quilt)


Oh, I just realized I completely forgot to share my Simple Stripes quilt which was featured in issue 49 of Love Patchwork and Quilting magazine. Better late than never though, right?


This quilt is based on a simple line drawing from my sketchbook and I loved the process of turning the sketch into an actual quilt.
 

I so love the contrast of black and white front and super bright Marimekko backing.

As you can probably tell, there was a crazy amount of precise cutting and sewing involved in this quilt. Once the cutting was done, the quilt itself came together pretty quickly and it was a great way to practice my 1/4" seam allowance :).

(photo by LPQ magazine)

The quilt finished at 52" x 68" and I'm glad to say my oldest daughter claimed it as soon as it arrived back home from the photoshoot.

 

And, as I mentioned before, the quilt was featured in issue 49 of Love Patchwork and Quilting magazine.


Thanks for reading friends. Svetlana


13 comments:

  1. Really love this one! Good for your daughter! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing! It is beautiful. Lucky daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! Do you use Twitter? I'd like to follow you if that would be ok. I'm absolutely enjoying your blog and look forward to new updates.My blog: Moncler outlet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous quilt! Your daughter has great taste!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The quilt is lovely and your choice of contrasting colors are great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So awesome! Just wish I could find those magazines. Joann's doesn't have them and my B&N never has current issues is they have any at all :0(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so sorry to hear that :(. My Joann has them on time all the time so I just assumed all locations did as well.

      Delete
    2. You can buy a digital copy on eg zinio dot com

      Delete
  7. So Simple and so beautiful. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...