simple stripes (finished quilt)


Oh, I just realized I completely forgot to share my Simple Stripes quilt which was featured in issue 49 of Love Patchwork and Quilting magazine. Better late than never though, right?


This quilt is based on a simple line drawing from my sketchbook and I loved the process of turning the sketch into an actual quilt.
 

I so love the contrast of black and white front and super bright Marimekko backing.

As you can probably tell, there was a crazy amount of precise cutting and sewing involved in this quilt. Once the cutting was done, the quilt itself came together pretty quickly and it was a great way to practice my 1/4" seam allowance :).

(photo by LPQ magazine)

The quilt finished at 52" x 68" and I'm glad to say my oldest daughter claimed it as soon as it arrived back home from the photoshoot.

 

And, as I mentioned before, the quilt was featured in issue 49 of Love Patchwork and Quilting magazine.


Thanks for reading friends. Svetlana