scraps + improv


Lately I've been feeling incredibly overwhelmed and exhausted, finding myself with a mile long to do list and very little energy to tackle it all. So, the other day I decided to forget about all the urgent stuff and indulge in some much needed "scrap therapy" instead.


I dove into my scrap bin and improv pieced these random blocks.


I knew I didn't want to commit to any large project, so I simply turned some of them into coasters.


And then I made more coasters, of course :)  These were super fun to make and I greatly enjoyed adding little hand stitched details to each.


And, after spotting Chase's adorable scrap pouch I decided I needed to make one, too.


I love how it turned out and I can't wait to do some more scrappy sewing soon.

How about you? Do you enjoy sewing with scraps? Or do you prefer using your stash?

Wishing you all a lovely and creative day. Svetlana