Wednesday, April 5, 2017

improv mini quilt



Improv piecing is without any doubt my most favorite ever way to make a quilt. So, when I wanted to make a mini quilt for my studio (I'm currently decluttering and organizing like a maniac and will show you photos of my progress soon) I knew improv piecing was the way to go.


I started with a small stack of white-ish scraps with just a few gray and navy strips added for good measure. And then I simply arranged and re-arranged them on my design wall until I was happy with the layout. It really didn't take long as this is a mini quilt, but was a super fun way to just play with fabric :)



I'm a huge fan of Carolyn Friedlander's fabulous quilting style and this mini is a direct result of all the wonderful tips and teaching Carolyn shares in her Creativebug class.


Even the back looks pretty cool, would you agree?


I think this mini fits right in on my new wall of eclectic art and miscellaneous hooks :)

Off I go, more organizing to be done.

Svetlana


4 comments:

  1. looks good on your wall and the binding works so well

    ReplyDelete

  2. The blog was absolutely fantastic! Lot of great information which can be helpful in some or the other way. We are an innovative web design company in Austin offering the widest range of website development, search engine optimization & internet marketing services.

    web design austin
    web developer austin

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...