improv mini quilt



Improv piecing is without any doubt my most favorite ever way to make a quilt. So, when I wanted to make a mini quilt for my studio (I'm currently decluttering and organizing like a maniac and will show you photos of my progress soon) I knew improv piecing was the way to go.


I started with a small stack of white-ish scraps with just a few gray and navy strips added for good measure. And then I simply arranged and re-arranged them on my design wall until I was happy with the layout. It really didn't take long as this is a mini quilt, but was a super fun way to just play with fabric :)



I'm a huge fan of Carolyn Friedlander's fabulous quilting style and this mini is a direct result of all the wonderful tips and teaching Carolyn shares in her Creativebug class.


Even the back looks pretty cool, would you agree?


I think this mini fits right in on my new wall of eclectic art and miscellaneous hooks :)

Off I go, more organizing to be done.

Svetlana