grocery bags


One of my go to projects when I feel creatively stuck and completely uninspired is making grocery bags. I know, super glamorous, right? :)  I use Grocery Bag pattern by Michelle Patterns as these bags are quick and easy to make, and I get to play with pretty fabric without thinking too much.

Lately I've had quite a few of those "stuck" days with mile long list of things I needed to do but no desire to tackle any one of them. So I raided my stash and decided it was time for yet another grocery bag making session.

Denyse Schmidt + Cotton and Steel

Charlie Harper

Curiosities by Jeni Baker

As you can see I like to work in batches when making these bags, so I went ahead and made three bags in one go. I really love the unique but super effective construction Michelle came up with as it makes for very practical and durable grocery bags.


 The handles are a bit fiddly to make, but definitely worth a bit extra effort. You can see in the photo above how I make them. Instead of cutting all four handles out, I just cut one pair of handles, pin them to second fabric, stitch and then cut the handles out. I find this to be a quicker and more precise way to make my handles.

I love how these bags turned out and now I'm ready to tackle my to do list head on :)

How about you? What do you do when you get stuck? 

Wishing you all a happy and creative day. Svetlana