scrappy, hand quilted 20-patch {a finished quilt}

 

My scrappy 20-patch quilt is all finished and ready for snuggles, yay!

I don't even remember last time I enjoyed making a quilt as much as I did this one. It wasn't a quick finish. I pieced the quilt top in October and have been slowly hand quilting it for about a month.


 I usually go with perle cotton #8 or embroidery thread when hand quilting my quilts. This time though I decided to use Clark bold hand quilting thread in white I had in my stash. And now I want to hand quilt everything using this thread. See this absolutely fabulous texture? I wish you could touch this quilt, it feels divine.


I took the inspiration from Rachel's beautiful Blue Phase quilt and quilted each rectangle using different patterns. Nothing too fancy, just my absolute favorite straight lines.


I chose dark-ish fabric for the quilt back and I just adore the way quilting looks on this side, as well. At first I wasn't sure how all those white stitches will look on such dark backing, but I'm super happy with the finish. 

And now I'm completely obsessed with hand quilting. OBSESSED!!! I tell you. Which is not such a bad thing, I guess. Hand quilting is pretty relaxing after all. I guess I'll just relax a bit more than usual in the next couple of weeks :)

 ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

QUILT STATS
finished size: 48" x 69" 
fabrics used: favorite scraps + light colored solids
thread for quilting: Clark bold hand quilting thread in white 


Thanks for reading, friends. Svetlana