blogger's quilt festival (fall 2016)


I'm a huge fan of Blogger's Quilt Festival as I greatly enjoy seeing all the amazing quilts submitted by many, many talented quilters so I was super excited it's finally here.

I haven't done much quilting lately, but I thought this would be a great time to once again show off my Scrappy Improv quilt (yes, my kids make fun of my inability to come up with any good quilt name constantly :)) .


This, without any doubt, is my most favorite quilt I have ever made. Ever!


I love everything about this quilt.

 I love that it's scrappy, yet not your "usual" scrappy full of color and gazillion fabrics. I love that the whole time I was making this quilt I had no idea where it would end up, or even if I'll like it :). 


I also love the simple straight line quilting and a bit of chunky hand quilting here and there.


And, of course I love the beautifully soft minky backing and the most fantastic red and white binding. Such a super, super happy way to frame this quilt.

To read more about this quilt you can click here to be taken to my original post.

I've submitted my quilt to Scrappy Quilt Category. And don't forget, anyone and everyone can submit their quilt to Blogger's Quilt Festival. Hope to see your amazing creations there.

Svetlana