megan foldover tote {a new pdf pattern}

Hello, hello !!!

I'm super excited for today's post as I have a new tote bag pattern to share with you today. 


Let me introduce you to Megan (foldover tote). I think at 11" wide x 13" tall x 4" deep she's a perfect everyday tote. Not too ginormous, but definitely large enough for all the necessities with a bit of room to spare.

Plus, I really love the big zipper pocket on the outside. It's perfect to keep your keys and phone in, and actually be able to find them when needed quickly :).


I really like how versatile this bag is. The two sets of D-rings and removable handle make it easy to carry it either as a full sized tote bag or a smaller, foldover tote. The choice is completely yours.


Megan is fully lined, of course, and looks as pretty on the inside as she does on the outside. 

Here's the list of materials you'd need to make a Megan tote of your own:

Fabric requirements are based on 42” wide fabric
½ yard fabric A – linen or heavier weight cotton is the best (main exterior panels, strap, handles, D-ring tabs)
½ yard fabric B – designer cotton (exterior contrasting top bands, lining facing, inner pocket, handles)
¾ yard fabric C – designer cotton (main lining panels, zipper pocket lining)
2 ¼ yards SF101 interfacing (or other medium weight fusible interfacing of choice)


optional (but very highly recommended): ¾ yard interlining fabric (canvas, denim, or some other heavier weight fabric) to make your bag sturdier


16” square piece of paper to make template
one 10” long metal or nylon zipper
one magnetic snap closure
four 3/4” D-rings
two 3/4” swivel lobster hooks


 ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ 

Once again, I enlisted help of some lovely ladies to test this pattern for me. And, as always, their beautiful totes totally blew me away. They all did such an amazing job, I'm sure you'll agree.


Sandie made this stunning tote using combination Kraft tex and quilting cotton. Super chic looking, isn't it? I might have to make myself a Megan using Kraft tex as well :).


Lorinda made this pretty tote for her daughter. I so adore the fabrics she chose, and I was happy to hear Lorinda's daughter loves the bag.


This stunning tote is skillfully made by Vicki.  I love the quilted exterior and the addition of extra zipper pocket on the back. Just beautiful!


And just look at Linda's gorgeous tote. The combination of linen, feathers, text fabric, and a bright zipper is always a winner in my book.


Jeannie used home decor weight fabric for her super stylish, beautifully made tote. Love, love, love.


I love Kelly's choice of bold graphic fabric and bright contrasting handles. Great job, Kelly.


I told you, the totes are absolutely beautiful, aren't they? I love how they are all quite different and reflect each maker's style.

Thank you so very much for testing for me, ladies. You are the best!!!

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

You can purchase an instant downloadable Megan tote pattern by directly clicking on the link below or by going to my Etsy shop.

buy this patttern

And, as always, thank you for all your support and encouragement. Svetlana