modern coins

Happy Monday, everyone!

I have a sweet little baby boy quilt to share with you today.


It's my take on many beautiful coin quilts I've been admiring for years and I quite like how simple and minimalistic it is.


And, because I wanted it to be a baby boy quilt, I decided to go with this adorable car print flannel I had in my stash for backing. I love how this whimsical print is sort of an unexpected backing for such a graphic quilt top.


I quilted it using straight lines about 1" apart. This is my absolute favorite way to quilt baby quilts as it adds a bit of extra interest and texture while at the same time keeping the quilt nicely soft and snuggly. And, as you can see, I use a hera marker and a yardstick that's 1" wide to mark my quilting lines. Works like a charm every time.


QUILT STATS
finished size: 36" x 43"
fabrics used: Kona Snow, Essex linen in Charcoal, Cirrus Solid in Shadow for the border, Joann flannel for backing
batting: Warm and White
binding: Cloud 9 (not sure what collection though)


Have a lovely day, friends. Svetlana