avant garde pillow

Have you seen Katarina Roccella's newest fabric collection Avant Garde? It's full of beautifully unique prints in gorgeously saturated colors and I'm excited to show you a pillow I made using one of my very favorite prints.


Pretty fun, isn't it?

I based this pillow on Bright Birch Trees pattern by Crazy Mom Quilts and I so love how it turned. And,  no tiny piecing was needed to achieve this patchwork-y look :).


I used the same print for the back of the pillow and finished it off with invisible zipper closure.


I love how my pillow turned out and can't wait to see what other super talented folks make using this gorgeous fabric. Hope you'll hop along.

Also, Katarina is running a giveaway on her blog so be sure to stop by to enter.

January 15th: Megan Jimenez from Quilt Story
January 16th: Svetlana Sotak of Sotak handmade (me)
January 17th: Sharon Mcconnell of Colorgirlquilts
January 18th: Rachael Gander of Imagine gnats
January 19th: Ali Brorsen of Because of Brenna
January 20th: Laura Scaramella of Simple Life Company
January 21st: Alexis of My sweet sunshine
January 22nd: Marija Vujčić
January 23rd: Hema Malini of Malini’s quilts
January 24th: Kristy Sachs - Rockbabyscissors
January 25th: Paul Hallinger aka Evildemondevildog
January 26th: Erica Jackman
January 27th: Kathleen Quilts
January 28th: The Tattooed Quilter
January 29th: Nicole - Lillyella
January 30th: Sari - Sariditty handmade
Wishing you all a super lovely weekend. Svetlana