how I organize and store my zippers

I've been in a serious organizing, de-cluttering, re-decorating mood for the last few weeks. It all started with one giant drawer full of zippers. You see, I've been buying zippers (especially metal ones) like there's no tomorrow and every time new zippers arrived they simply got thrown in my "zipper drawer". The only problem with a drawer full of zippers, and full and overflowing it really was, was that it always took ages to find just the right zipper size, or to find out I'm out of certain sizes :(.


So, I decided to group ALL my zippers by size. I then organized all my 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8 inch zippers in this silverware tray which fits perfectly into one smallish drawer in my sewing room. Easy peasy,  right? 

The real problem came though, when I tried to organize my longer zippers. They didn't fit nicely in trays like shorter zippers did so I needed to find a different solution.


 Here's what I did. I used binder clips to keep all the zippers of the same size together and wrote their sizes on the clips with Sharpie. This little trick already saved me tons of time when I was looking for a specific size of zipper the other day :).


And then I placed all the zippers on this spinning accessory hook I found sort of by accident at my local Target store. This hook was made for belts and ties but it works great to keep all my zippers contained and super organized.


I'm glad to finally be able to tell very quickly how many and what sizes of zippers I actually have.

Aaaah, feels good :).

So, tell me. How do you keep your zippers and other sewing supplies organized? I'm sure you have some super clever tricks up your sleeves. 

Svetlana