helen shoulder bag {new pdf pattern}

Hello everyone, 

I have a new pdf pattern for Helen Shoulder Bag to show you today.


I designed this bag ages ago (it's been at least two years) so I'm even more excited than usual to have it all finished and ready to go live, yay! I really hope you'll like it as much as I do.



My favorite part of this bag is the exterior pocket. It's perfect to keep one's phone and keys in. Plus, it gives a great opportunity to personalize this bag. I think a patchwork pocket would look quite lovely, don't you?


I've also included instructions for an inner zipper pocket as I believe every bag needs at least one zipper pocket to be truly useful and practical.You can, however, skip this step altogether if zippers are not your thing :)


Finished size of the bag is 12.5” wide x 12” tall x 3” deep and here's the list of materials you'd need to make one of your own:

¾ yard fabric A (back exterior panel, front pocket, top bands)
½ yard fabric B (front exterior panel, handle, D-ring tabs)
½ yard fabric C (lining)
½ yard fabric D (pocket linings)
3 yards SF101 interfacing (or other medium weight fusible interfacing of choice)
one 7" metal or nylon zipper
one magnetic snap closure
two 1.25” D-rings (optional)
two 1.25” swivel lobster hooks (optional)

As you probably noticed, I used D-rings and lobster swivel hooks to attach my handle. I love the way hardware adds that extra finesse to any bag, but you can definitely skip hardware if preferred (instructions for both ways of attaching handle are provided).


Also, this is the first time I decided to offer hardware kits for this bag for sale (click here to be taken to my Etsy shop). Right now I only have three nickel and three anti brass finish kits as this is a trial period to see how much demand there is for these kits.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

And now, let me show you some super lovely versions of Helen bags my amazing testers made.



Look at this adorable bag Jan has made. It's such a happy bag in these bright, sure to get noticed fabrics.


Vicki went with gorgeous black and white fabric combo for the exterior and this totally adorable elephant fabric for the lining. I love that Vicki added a slit pocket to her lining and one extra pocket to exterior.


Lovely Yvette has used some of her long hoarded fabric to make this super fun Helen bag. Yvette used batting instead of interfacing and she made a longer, adjustable strap, I love that :).



How fun is this bright green fabric Stephanie chose for her bag? And she already has another bag cut out and ready to go. Yay!


Last, but definitely not least, is this classy, stylish Helen bag made by Susan. Such perfect combination of colors and patterns.

You did an amazing job, ladies. Thank you for all your help.

 ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

If you'd like to make a Helen Shoulder Bag of your own, you can purchase pdf instant download pattern by clicking on the button below or by visiting my etsy shop here. (All my pdf patterns are available worldwide).


 I'm offering this pattern at a discounted $6.00 price for the next 48 hours. After that it will go up to its regular $8.00 price.

Have a very lovely day, friends. Svetlana