let's mingle {a finished quilt}


It's been a while since I had a new quilt-y finish to share which makes writing about this half rectangle triangle quilt - Let's Mingle that much more fun.


I started this quilt months ago and I enjoyed making the blocks quite a lot (more info here), but once main blocks were done I got stuck. I wanted to add a plain border but had a hard time deciding which color to go with. It was between white, gray, and light blue. As you can see, light blue won and I went with a thick-ish border of uneven width.


I wanted to hand quilt Let's Mingle at first, but I soon realized there simply was not enough time in my day to take on a big project like that. So, I went with my trusty straight lines but decided to outline larger and smaller diamonds formed by half rectangle triangles.



Now, I absolutely love the finished quilt and I adore the way quilting looks but let me tell you, this quilting design was not really my brightest idea ever. I was using my regular Juki sewing machine and walking foot for all the quilting and there were crazy amounts of stops and turns as well as shoving the whole quilt through the machine's harp space a million times.


Let's Mingle finished at 58" x 69". It's beautifully soft and squishy, just perfect for some summer napping:).

I'm submitting Let's Mingle to Home Machine Quilted category in Blogger's Quilt Festival. Did you have a peek? There are tons of absolutely stunning quilts on display.

Have a lovely day friends. Svetlana