round patchwork placemats + pillow {new pdf pattern}

About a year ago I designed round patchwork placemats for Quilt Now (issue 1) magazine. 


I love the idea of round placemats so I decided to revamp my original instructions, draft additional pattern pieces to give an option for making either round placemats or regular square pillow cover/ mini quilt, and my newest pdf pattern is now here. Yay! (I just made the whole process look super easy and totally unrealistic but you know what I mean, right?)


I so like this understated, scrappy with a hint of color but not too much in your face, pillow cover. It finishes at 19" square and fits a 20" pillow form, my very favorite pillow size at the moment, perfectly.


Both the pillow as well as placemats would  make a great project for giving a curved piecing a try. Full sized templates are included in the pattern and the instructions are written with advanced beginner in mind.


I just love to see how the same pattern gives quite different results depending on whether you use dark or light background. Fun, isn't it?


This pattern is now available for purchase at my Etsy store or by clicking on my Payhip link below (all my patterns are available for purchase worldwide).

buy this pattern

I'm offering this pattern at a discounted $4.00 price for the next 48 hours . After that it will go back to its regular $6.00 price.

Happy sewing, friends. And thank you so much for all your support. Svetlana