Friday, March 6, 2015

fairly bucket bag

You guys, thank you so much for all the lovely comments on my previous post! I so appreciate each and every one of you and your encouragement is truly priceless. Thank you :)


Today I'd like to show you my newest bag - Fairly Bucket Bag (free tutorial here). As soon as I came across this tutorial I knew I had to give it a go. I love its simple shape and webbing handles, but most of all I love the addition of grommets.


I've made my share of bags already, but I've never ever used grommets before. I had bad experience with snaps and rivets when I tried attaching them to my pouches (all probably because I have no clue how to properly install them) so making holes for grommets in my newly sewn bag sounded mildly insane to me :). I'm glad to say it all worked out and I just love how adding hardware to handmade bags makes them look so chic and polished.


I usually use fusible fleece to make my bags sturdy but this time I decided to attach duck cloth between the exterior and lining of the bag. I love how it makes the bag sturdy enough to keep its shape without looking all soft and squishy.


I think this Fairly Bucket Bag will make a super handy summer bag. 

Funny how I'm getting ready for summer while the temperatures outside are still below zero :).

Svetlana

14 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous! I'm wishing for warmer temperatures too! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this!! Just wondering if you could show a photo of your duck cloth, I want to see if it is the same as what they sell in New Zealand, so I know if I'm on the right track. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent! Thanks for sharing. The inside zipper pocket has always been a bit of a mystery to me, but the pictures in that tutorial made it more clear. Maybe now I can give one a try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely bag. Your work is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Svetlana! This is beautiful and fun bag! I'm sure it will be your favourite summer bag! It's any way March, so it's not too early to think spring and summer. Thank you for the link. x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful bag! I just noticed grommets for sale in a local shop yesterday, and was thinking it was time to try them...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Been thinking about a new bag and I love an adjustable strap! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love your hardware too...those metal rectangle bits are great!!

      Delete
  8. This looks fabulous -- I have been wanting to try this pattern so badly. I used duck interlining on the super totes I have made, and I love it. On the last bag I made, I used the Pellon 809 the pattern called for, and I did not like it. I think I will stick with duck for the same purpose in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So polished and the fabric strap combo is outstanding

    ReplyDelete
  10. Svetlanko, taska se ti moc moc povedla! Je krasna!!
    J.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This bag looks just like something at target, only better because it's handmade! What is the exterior fabric?

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the bag! and thanks for sharing the tutorial link <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. cheap ray ban sunglasses online A dude, ray ban outlet online only to spend money because of who drink. A worthless guy, his head was stuffed full of stool, because it takes a titanic struggle over fragile skins. cheap ray ban sunglasses online If not cheap ray ban sunglasses online his father, he did not even street beggars do not like. Then the cheap ray ban sunglasses online cheap nodded and said sale, you know four sons Jiangzhou. Heard of, ray ban outlet online but are not familiar with.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...