loving it all ...

I seem to be in the middle of some sort of creative identity crisis. You see, I like bright colors, and muted colors, I like making quilts, and pillows, and bags, and pouches, ...


I like complicated projects, and I enjoy beautifully simple ones too. 


And for some reason lately I've been feeling like I needed to finally choose and define what my style is. Which led to a lot of questioning of what I'm doing, and how I'm doing it, and the colors and their shades I like or dislike. Madness, I'm telling you :).


And then I came across Mary's beautiful picture of two very different quilts she made and loved. I finally realized it's ok to be pulled in many different directions as long as my projects make me happy. Revolutionary, isn't it?


 

Now I'm finally ready to cut into these two stacks without feeling like a traitor to either a brightly colorful or a toned down low key camp. And I might even cut them into giant squares and make a super simple patchwork without feeling like I'm taking shortcuts or being lazy. Because, really, I just love simple patchwork these days.

Svetlana