super tote

First off , thank you so very much to each and every one of you for the amazing support and encouragement and for making the launch of my first pattern a success. Thank you, thank you, thank you - you guys are the best :)

* * * * * *
I made myself a new Super Tote. I've been planning on making one for quite some time but I simply could not decide on not just what fabric to use, I also was not sure what interfacing to go with. You see, I made two Super Totes before. The first one ended up being too floppy and shapeless as I only used SF101 interfacing for both interior and exterior. Let's just say it earned its place in the failure pile in the darkest corner of the closet :(


My second Super Tote was a lot more successful but I "slightly" overdid it with interfacing and fusible fleece so the bag turned out a little bit too sturdy. Seriously, I feel like Goldilocks with these bags. One was too floppy, next one was too sturdy. Go figure :)


So, I did some research. I found a few very useful blog posts reviewing Super Totes and, after reading Amanda's post, I decided to follow her lead and use SF101 interfacing for the exterior of the bag and fusible fleece for the lining. And you know what? It worked. I finally ended up with the tote that was not too floppy and not too sturdy either. It's just perfect and I'm in love. ♥♥♥


It's a beautiful tote bag. I really love its shape, and zipper closure, and all those handy pockets on the inside. I even made one extra zipper pocket in the lining.

Oh, and I also adore this fabric combo.


The tote fits tons of stuff. I was able to fit my water bottle, knitting, magazine, two books, couple of pouches full of "necessities" and I still had room to spare :)

Now, this tote took some time to make. It's not one of those instant gratification quick finish projects, but so worth the extra effort. So, if you're looking for a super fantastic tote to make I would very highly recommend you give Anna's Super Tote a try.

Svetlana

Linking up to AmandaJean's Finish it up Friday.