Friday, November 7, 2014

mara shawl

I've lost my quilting mojo for the moment :) Somehow, the idea of taking my beautiful fabric and cutting it into pieces does not appeal to me at all. I'm sure it's just a temporary thing and I'll be obsessively cutting and quilting in no time, but for now I've been doing some knitting.


I made this so very "me" Mara shawl (free pattern can be found here). It was such an easy and super enjoyable knit.


I so love the simplicity of this shawl and I've been wearing it every day since I finished it :)


I then made a second Mara shawl, this time using a little thicker yarn so the whole thing came together even quicker.

Can you tell I really like this pattern? Only this time I sort of spaced out on the edging and ended up with a slightly different shawl :)

And, I'm still thinking about making one more of these shawls, but in some brighter color. Maybe something yellow or red??? Or I might try this shawl instead. After all, I still have two more weeks of very limited walking allowed :( Yes, this ankle surgery recovery has been a lot more difficult than I expected and I'm so ready to get rid of the ugly giant plastic boot I have to wear.

Have a wonderful weekend friends. Svetlana

10 comments:

  1. Oh Svetlana...they are so beautiful! I would love to be able to make something like this for the ladies in our family but I'm all thumbs with knitting needles and I have no idea how to read a pattern!:)

    Maybe one day but for now I'm going to bookmark that pattern. You are doing amazing stuff in your down time!;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Svetlanko, nadherne!!! Obcas je fajn vymenit sici stroj za hacek nebo jehlice :) A co se tyce barvy... brala bych zlutou, takovy horcicovy odstin :) Tak at se dari a mas rychle novy satek! :) Krasny vikend, papa, Jola

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you've found something to keep your hands busy, these shawls are beautiful! Maybe your sewing mojo will come back when you can take the boot off!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have had one of these half finished for two years now, and I've just about given up! First I was so tired of endless rows of garter andnow I'm so tired of knitting ribbing! Yours are so sweet though, maybe I will pull it out again. Nice to be inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  5. At your encouragement in a previous post, I have purchased yarn and downloaded the Mara pattern for a shawl for myself. Now to get to it! Yours are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks Cozy :) I don't have a clue how to knit :( The other pattern looks very cute how she is wearing it. You are being a good sport about your recovery and being very creative even though the recovery has been long. Take care. Janita

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are just gorgeous, Svetlana! You are so talented! I like how the edges are different on each of them. If I picked the next color if course it would be PURPLE! Oh and I checked out the pattern on ravelry. It's pretty but I think I like the original one better.

    I'm sure you'll get your mojo back soon! The boot is surely not helping...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love knitted scarfs and just got some wool for a loop for my girl. I love the one you did but the other one would be much to big for me. I could not wear it over my waterproof jacket in winter time without getting wet

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are beautiful and I especially love the edging on the secon " spaced out" version"

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...