irish chain {a finished quilt}


all finished, yay!!!


This quilt just might be one of my absolute all time favorite quilts I have ever made. I so love its simplicity and calm, its modern feel while at the same time being so clearly influenced by countless Irish Chain beauties. I used Denyse Schmidt's pattern from her book Modern quilts, traditional inspiration.


I used Kona Lime, with a small addition of blue patterned Cloud 9 fabric, for the little squares and Kona Snow for the background as well as binding. I think this makes binding to sort of "disappear" and let the pattern itself shine.


I used a combination of a lovely vintage looking fabric by Denyse Schmidt and Kona Fog for the backing. I do love that shade of blue a lot.


I quilted it with an overall continuous eights pattern. Now, I will be the first one to agree that my eights could use some practice, hopefully I get better at them soon because I adore this pattern and it's super quick, too. I made my eights 4" tall - my preferred size for them right now.


The quilt finished at 58" square and will look perfect in our family room, I'm sure.

 http://amyscreativeside.com/2014/10/24/bloggers-quilt-festival-small-quilts-2/

Wishing you all a very lovely rest of the day. Svetlana