around the world blog hop

Hello, happy Monday to you all.

Welcome to my stop on Around the World Blog Hop (thanks Beth for inviting me :)) where different bloggers share a little glimpse into their creative process by answering a few questions.

***********
What am I working on?

The biggest project I'm working on right now is my large improv patchwork quilt. I loved piecing this top using limited color palette and decided hand quilting will make a lovely addition to this otherwise quite minimalist design.


I also finished piecing my Scrap Eater quilt top and I'm planning on doing a circular machine quilting on this beast :) Hope it will work out well.


And then there's my Double Wedding Ring quilt. I have all the arches done but of course I underestimated how long all the other piecing will take. I decided it's okay to take it easy and enjoy the process instead of rushing it which means it will be quite a while before I have some significant progress to show.


How does my work differ from the others?

Now, this is a hard question to answer. All I can come up with is that I try to make what I like and what makes me happy. So, that means a piece of me and my style is definitely put into my projects and hopefully that makes them "mine" and slightly different from all the others.


Why do I write/ create what I do?

I create because I enjoy it, sewing gives me something that's completely totally my own - dishes have to be done, laundry and dinner made, but no one will go hungry if I don't make yet another quilt :). It calms me down (seriously) and relaxes me. I love getting lost in all the planning and plotting, and looking through my stash to find just the right fabric.


...yes, sewing does make me happy :)


How does my writing/ creative process work?

I usually just have an idea and I have to start working on it as soon as it pops in my head. And then I change my mind a thousand times before I finally settle on what I'm actually making.

Also, I never cut all the fabric for the quilt at once. I cut as I go, adding and subtracting fabric depending on what feels right.

Now it's your turn. If you'd like to take part in this blog hop simply write a post answering these four questions:

   1. What am I working on?
     2. How does my work differ from others in its genre?
     3. Why do I write/create what I do?
     4. How does my writing/creating process work?


Thank you all so much for reading. Talk to you soon. Svetlana