Friday, April 18, 2014

one inch squares


1" finished squares are my newest obsession. Boy, these little guys are so fun. The blocks measure 3.5" square and are an amazing scrap buster project. I don't have a specific purpose in mind for these right now, I will simply keep making more until I get tired of them and then decide. Backwards, yes! But sooo fun!


I'm using leftover little squares to make tiny 36 patch blocks. I'm sure these would make an amazing quilt if I were to make enough of these scrappy blocks to alternate with some solid or polka dotty squares.


I'm not making just blocks, though. I used a combination of these low volume squares to make a little coin pouch for my daughter's friend. I might have to make one, or two, for myself soon :)


Last, but definitely not least, are these 12 patch blocks. I made them as part of  Chase's Pack Patch Mini quilt along . Aren't they adorable? I can't wait to have all the blocks finished and joined together into a pretty little mini quilt. You can still join if you'd like. Click here to be taken to quilt along Flickr group.

Off I go, more tiny blocks to be made :)

Hope you have an amazing weekend. Happy Easter to all who celebrate. Svetlana

21 comments:

  1. They look so sweet. I always find 1" squares get distorted so easily but these look perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so crazy cute! I love them! I can't wait to see the eventual finished project! I love the little pouch that you made with them, too! So sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much fun! And what a nice feeling to dip into the scrap bin and make something lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. excellent I find working so small very tricky but see you are good at it, all squares matching so well

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! And so tiny and adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look fabulous, but such hard work! Still, it's a great use of all those teeny scraps

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh these are darling! Love your little tiny pouch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Svetlanko, jsou uzasne! Jak se sijou takove drobotiny? :) Mam strasne moc takovych malickych zbytku, je mi lito je vyhodit, ale nikdy se mi nechtelo takove malicke ctverecky sesivat. Kdyz to vidim u tebe... asi se do toho pustim. Kdysi jsem se prave prihlasila do klubu Chase, tak bych aspon mela neco na hooooodne budouci deku :)
    Mej krasne dny a krasne svatky! Jola

    ReplyDelete
  9. It seems Chase has a lot of people following her tiny little block passion. Your blocks are so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those little squares are so beautiful! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm going to make some today too, they are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute and I love that pouch! I started cutting up my scraps yesterday. Great idea for the small ones :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love those tiny squares! As usual, your color combos are great.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those are so cute! I love the little novelty prints poking through.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These little blocks are soooooo cute! I love them!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...