pretty little tote

I while back I came across a picture of this lovely tote bag on Pinterest. And, since I had that exact same Suzuko Koseki fabric in my stash (waiting for just the right project), I decided to make one as soon as I would have time. You know how that goes, right? Many months passed by and I never had time to make it.


Yesterday though, I really, really needed an instant gratification project to work on so I finally made time and sewed up this pretty little tote.


I was planning to go with gray Essex Linen for the main body of the bag but as soon as I placed this beautiful Suzuko Koseki cheater print next to Riley Blake's gingham I knew this was a match made in heaven. And that red cross hatch was such a perfect addition, too. Lovely, isn't it?


Then I decided more gingham would make this bag even more happy looking, so I used Riley Blake gingham in pink for the lining. I think linings should always be so fun. Makes me smile every time I look at it.


I then added bright yellow webbing handles and my pretty little tote was finished. It's a perfect size for a magazine and a book or two. Yes, I still carry books with me when I go places :) Electronic reading simply doesn't do it for me.

Now that I got this tote out of my system it's back to Economy Blocks. I have made 130 of them so far, only 68 more to go :)

Talk to you soon. Svetlana

Linking up to AmandaJean's Finish it up Friday.